Monday, July 2, 2012

Mixed Metal Eyeshadow

Rose Gold and Gold.


Mixing metals can be fun with jewelry, so why not with makeup? I got creative with my eyeshadow this morning and decided to apply 2 different metallic shades to my eyelid.


I used a highly pigmented, very yellow gold shade from urban decay called Honey, and a new Kevyn Aucoin eyeshadow shade that I got in Copper. The name of it is copper, but I think it looks more like a rose gold color, because of it’s soft shimmery pinkish shade. I started with the rose gold shade and applied it all over my eyelid and blended it up into the crease, concentrating more color on the outer corners. I then applied it underneath my lower lash line. Then with the Honey (gold) color I applied it right over the rose gold on the inner corners of my upper eyelid, and gentle blended the edge with the rose gold.


I finished the look by lining the outer corners of my inner rims with black gel eyeliner from Trish McEvoy, and applying Loreal Voluminous Mascara in Carbon Black. I also used Bobbi Brown Metallic Lip Color in Gilded Pink. I don’t find it to be metallic though, it’s more like a brownish pink. A nice compliment to the rose gold on my eyes.


Love,

Sunset Blonde

No comments:

Post a Comment