Friday, June 15, 2012

Amazing Concealers !!


Sunset Blonde’s Favorite Concealers

22MAY
I love cream concealers. I really don’t ever use any other types of concealers. Cream Concealers are the best for coverage, blending, and staying power. They also are easy on your delicate skin. They seem to have to most natural results, with the most coverage, and the easiest blending capabilities.
As a professional makeup artist, I have tried MANY different types and brands of concealer, but I always go back to the same ones. Creams. And here are the best cream concealers. They are not the typical ones found where beauty products are sold, you will probably have to order them online or find a professional makeup store in your area that carries them. But it’s worth the trouble.
Best Concealer for many skintones, comes with different colors for different types of concealing:

CINEMA SECRETS CONCEALER PALETTE:

This one will be easier for you to get, and is the most user friendly.
I use this professional palette in my makeup kit for clients, but I also have one that I just use for myself. The pigments in this palette are so ideal for covering dark circles under eyes, as well as camouflaging to perfect your complexion. You can use it to cover veins, blemishes, spots, etc. Each palette contains five shades in a waterproof cream formula that can be applied light & sheer or for full coverage with a thicker application. Each shade can be used for different things, but it works well with many skin tones. The creamy formula of this concealer is great for your skin, it’s non-drying, and blends easily. It is lightweight, yet provides great coverage. This concealer needs to be set with a translucent powder.
I think this palette is not only great for correcting small blemishes or dark under eyes. It can also be used to correct unwanted undertones, for highlighting, shading, & contouring. What is also great about the variety of shades in this palette is that you can use it to adjust foundation color, and create custom blends for hard-to-match skin tones.The plastic case is portable and compact, great for travel and everyday!
Contains highlighters and red/blue neutralizers for light to dark skin
From left to right
1. Highlighter or use on very fair skin tones
2. Covers red- can be blended with 1 or 3 for a custom redness cover color.
3. Covers red on olive skin tones
4. under eye concealer for fair skin, the pink tones counter the “blue” under your eyes
5. under eye concealer for dark skin also contains pink tones to counter the “blue” under your eyes.
All of these colors can be mixed for a custom color that matches your skin. And I understand that might be difficult for some of you, but I wanted to give you some professional, insider info ;)
Best Concealer with multiple uses, great for everyone:

 KEVYN AUCOIN BEAUTY “THE SENSUAL SKIN ENHANCER” MAKEUP

I purchased this concealer product at the Los Angeles Makeup show a few months ago, and I love this concealer as well. A little bit goes a long way. It has a stickier & creamier consistancy than the Cinema Secrets Concealer I mentioned above.I have color SX07 which seems to work well with many tan skin tones. It is highly pigmented but blends very easily.  Start with a very small amount and add more if needed. You can also use this product as a foundation, or mix it with your moisturizer  for a “tinted moisturizer” or more sheer coverage.
You can buy it at nordstrom. It’s kind of expensive, but since a little bit goes a long way, it will last you a really long time!
Best Heavy concealer:

DERMA COLOR CAMOUFLAGE SYSTEM CREME 25ML

(I USE COLOR D4)

I happen to use this concealer everyday. I like it because it is a really thick cream that covers any imperfections for a long time, and REALLY covers, even strong enough to cover tattoos.
The container of this concealer I have is huge, and lasts forever! I usually break it down into smaller to-go containers with a makeup spatula (you can use a plastic knife at home if you want a cheap alternative.) The far left is the original container, the one with the black lid I keep in my makeup bag, and the small plastic container I put some in to keep in my purse.
(The smallest container can be bought at a craft store, and is actually used for mixing your own paints. They come all attached to each other, so I cut them apart and use them for smaller to-go containers)
Now, I have to tell you, this is a product used by professionals, and is not something that you can just pick up anywhere. So that being said, if you really want this, you might need to find a local professional/costume makeup store to buy it, or find the correct color for you.
Or:
You can also purchase these concealers in Pro Palletes online with multiple colors so you can try out which color is best for you, custom blend, or use for different purposes like highlighting, shading, and different types of concealing:
I use this concealer under my eyes, but only on the inner corners, and I use a special Concealer Buffing Brush, that I just lOVe! (Which will soon be available from SUNSET BLONDE BEAUTY) It allows me to apply it lightly to my delicate eye area, with a more natural application.
Here is How-to apply this concealer like a pro!
First off,  I’m going to give you a lesson in concealing.
#1.) Apply concealer AFTER applying foundation. If you apply concealer first, then apply your foundation, you will just end up wiping it away, then having to redo it.
(The only exception to this is if you are using a mineral powder foundation-in this case, I recommend that you apply your cream concealer first, then dust your mineral foundation powder LIGHTLY over it. )
Before concealer: (bluish area in inner corner of eye)                After concealer:
The great thing about a cream concealer, is that you have plenty of time to blend it, and it blends easily.
#2.) Always start by applying the most concealer in the inner corner of the under eye area, and gently blend outward. The less concealer you apply to the outer part of your eye, the better. Makeup can make your skin look older and make any wrinkles more visible, so avoid putting it on wrinkles.
#3.) Blend! Blending is so important. You don’t want to actually look like you are wearing concealer. you want it to blend in with your skin and look as natural as possible. Just be gentle with your skin, constant pulling and pressing on it will over time make you look older. Eye skin is very delicate, so make sure you moisturize before applying concealer.
Blended:                                                        Not Blended:
As you can see in the above photo this concealer gives a lot of coverage. But always make sure that you blend it into your skin. you also want to choose a color that is very close to your skin color or slightly lighter.
Let me know if you have any further questions & what you think about these concealers if you try them!


No comments:

Post a Comment