Friday, June 15, 2012

The Perfect Copper Eye for Summer!


Copper Cat Eye How-To

28MAY
New Sunset Blonde Beauty How-to:
Shimmery Copper CAT Eyes
I love wearing copper colors that make my blue eyes pop, but this color tends to look great with many skintones and eyecolors! If you liked my previous eyeshadow how-to you can use that technique, or you can try doing it this way. Again, I always like to make my eyes more catlike and almond shaped by bringing the eyeshadow up and out on the outter corners, as you will see below, but you can modify this depending on your eyeshape and preference.
Here is what you need to get this look:
Brown or Black liquid eyeliner
Black mascara
Copper eyeshadow: I used Gold Touch by Dior (avail at Sephora)
Sunset Blonde Beauty Blending Brush
image
Start by applying the copper eyeshadow with your index finger onto only your eyelid. I use my finger for applying it directly to the eyelid, because it allows more pigmentation to stick to my eyelid, and really makes the color pop.
image
As you can see when I open my eye, I only applied it to my eyelid:
image
image
Next, using the Sunset Blonde Blending brush, dip the brush gently into the eyeshadow:
image
image
Apply the eyeshadow using the Sunset Blonde Blending Brush into the crease concentrating on the outer corners of the eye and BLEND. 
image
image
image
Apply liquid eyeliner: I use Prestige Liquid Eyeliner in Brown for a more natural look and start by lining my eyelid only half way, tapering it into my lashline in the middle of my eyelid so that it disappears, and stopping at the outter corner of my top eyelid. You can also use black liquid eyeliner for a more dramatic look.
image
image
image
I then want to make it more Cat like, so I add a wing on the outer corners:
image
image
image
Add mascara to top lashes concentrating more applications on the outer corners.
image
image
image
image
image
This is a super easy yet beautiful way to enhance your eyes. Since there is no eye makeup on the bottom of your eye, and the “half cat-eye” eyeliner, it can be worn as a daytime look or a night look.


No comments:

Post a Comment