Saturday, June 16, 2012

Glitter of the Moment




Nails are always a fun part of yourself to decorate.  There are so many options and choices, trends and classics, where do you even start? Nude, two-toned, mulit colored, oval or pointy shapes, ombre, reverse french…Nail art is really big right now! So have fun with it while it is trendy.


Essie told the editors at Glamour Magazine, “it’s the only makeup that you get to see all day!”


This week I’ve been seeing glitter nail polish everywhere, especially in the Gelcolor form. I decided it was too bad that I had never considered glitter before as a nail polish option. I always thought it was too “little girl” like. But since I’ve been seeing it on more than half my girlfriends, I was dying to try it.



While running through Target to buy other things, I stopped in the nail department and picked up 2 Essie nail polish glitter colors. A silver glitter “set in stones” and a light pink glitter “a cut above.”


What attracted me to these particular glitter colors were that, #1- Essie is my favorite brand of nail color, great quality and colors, and now available for purchase outside of salons, and #2- The glitter in these polishes ranges in size, from very tiny to medium to large size glitters. The variety makes them unique. As well as the fact that the glitter is all one color, and not the iridescent kind. I’m not a huge fan of the opalescent/iridescent glitter, I think that one tends to look cheap and little girly.


As I have mentioned before in previous nail posts that I’ve done, my nails are really soft and bendable, and therefore nail polish chips off of them within a matter of hours. But this glitter polish has stayed on for 3 days with 3 coats of polish, and after 3 days, I applied 2 more coats. I know that sounds like a lot of coats, but it dries really quickly, and the amazing glitter almost forms like an exrta layer of protection on my nails making them stronger. I couldn’t decide which color I should try first, so I got creative and mixed them. I first applied a layer of my favorite clear nail polish to strengthen my nails. I usually use nailtiques 2 or Nail Tech II.


These clear coats are great for adding strength and protection to your nails, so I always use them as a base coat. I then applied 1 coat of the pink glitter, then briefly after I applied 1 coat of the silver glitter, then another coat of the pink. Alternating the colors worked really well in giving a mixed glitter look, and by adding the silver to the pink glitter on my nails, made it a little less “pink” 
 looking.



It is hard to tell from the photos just ho shiny and pretty my nails look, but I love the results, and feel so feminine and sparkly. It’s almost like a metallic polish. And if you know me, I love sparkle! Of course I couldn’t wear this nail polish shade to a photo shoot and get away with it, but it just so happens that I took a little time off this week after my big shoot in Hawaii, and the I’m leaving town with my fiance for a little Get-away tomorrow, so no works = fun polish color opportunity! Yay!

Love,

SUNSET BLONDE

No comments:

Post a Comment